1. name: Amanda
2. birthday: January 24
3. favorite color: teal and purple (tied for 1st)
4. lucky number: 3 and any multiple of it (especially 9) [omfg Katie we have the same favorite number]
5. height: 5’4”
1. last dream you remember: ummm… well, two nights ago my dream was the usual strangeness and everything was going well until I was driving and I saw a car coming head-on towards me in the same lane and I knew I was going to get hit. Even though there was room for me to swerve to the side and avoid it, I didn’t; I just kept on driving with a grim determination that felt like “I knew this was going to happen someday, let’s see how it will play out.” And the crash happened and I swear I physically felt it and it was awful, a crushing pressure, but my airbags didn’t go off and I didn’t get whiplash and the car was thrust to the side of the road, but I wasn’t hurt, just shaken. So then I felt a grim satisfaction, like I’d faced an enemy in combat and gotten wounded but defeated them. And then I was pissed about the damage to my car. Also, what the hell does this question have to do with talents.
edit: also there was something about a child who had the power to make things come to life just by writing a word and created monsters that were very hard to kill, and I ended up going up to the kid and smiling all friendly and asked if I could try. The kid was caught off guard and nodded. I actually tried writing this word in German or something but it didn’t work, nothing came to life, and I was so disappointed that the kid felt bad for me and tried to cheer me up. So I kept trying and the kid tried to guide me and forgot about the monsters and then the organization I’d come with came up behind the kid and captured him/her and I was really upset and yelling for them to stop, it was okay, I’d distracted the kid…
And then last night involved going to a secret culture deep in the jungle with my father as a tourist kind of thing but this religious ceremony got really weird and they came after us and we had to secretly get to the border with China? And we got there and it was like a slip-and-slide down waterfalls cut into really narrow vertical rock channels and we used these heavy golden medals to pass and I felt really relieved but then it turned out some people had already gotten through and there was a really tense standoff in a restaurant that turned into a hotel drama. I have weird dreams, man.
2. can you juggle: nooope. hand-eye coordination what’s that hahaha
3. art/sports/both: you mean like, which ones do I do? I don’t really play sports, though I was a goalie in field hockey in high school and swam on a swim team when I was younger. I’m just not competitive and I don’t like pushing myself to my physical limits. I do like swimming, and some casual badminton or volleyball for the pure satisfaction of getting a good hit. But nothing on a team any more. As for art, I dabbled in art in middle school, but drawing or painting or sculpture just isn’t my thing. What art skills I have were honed by drawing things on the sides of my notes, and I’d occasionally have brainwaves like “oh, that’s how you do perspective!” or “hey, shoulders work like this”. But the art I do most is writing. I love stories and I’ve gotten back into fanfic.
4. do you like writing: Oh, hey, yeah, this is the very next question. Hell to the yeah. I especially enjoy describing things like systems of magic or powers, and while dialogue can be a struggle at times, when it goes right it’s the best thing.
5. do you like dancing: IIIIII don’t have rhythm. Like, at all. Dancing feels like awkwardly moving back and forth in the same place to me. I can waltz, however, and I like the smoothness of it.
6. do you like singing: Yeah, mostly. I like the feeling of hitting notes, and I like the communal happiness of singing in a group. I’ve never listened to a recording of myself, though, which would probably put me off it.
1. dream vacation: hmmm… either an anime convention where everything (my hotel room, my registration) was already paid for and I had plenty of cash to spend on commissioning my favorite fanartists… or a nice quiet place deep in the woods with friendly animals where I could read all day (but still had excellent Wi-Fi).
2. dream date: we would watch a movie we both enjoy and be absolutely fascinated, then have a lively discussion all through dinner, then have dessert at home where we would pet the cats and cuddle. Maybe something more intimate, depending on how long we’d been dating and how comfortable I felt.
3. dream guy/gal/enby: …um? Good question. I’m pretty sure I’m gray, not ace, but the people I’m attracted to are various. Let’s see… quietly amused by me and genuinely enjoys my company. Probably taller. Good sense of humor. Into at least five of the same series/things I am. Has a steady job. I’d say male-bodied for preference, but I can’t really rule out anything.
4. dream wedding: HAHAHAHA did you not just read that I have no solid ideas on who to even date let alone get married. Yeah, I got nothin’.
5. dream pet: A cat. I love cats.
6. dream job: Anything at all? Well, I would enjoy being a librarian, because I love working with books and helping people find them, but I would love a job where I get paid to read YA speculative fiction all day, correct any grammar or spelling mistakes, and then gush about how awesome it was. Like editing without the pressure to criticize.
1. favorite song: Counting Stars by One Republic
2. favorite album: Um. I tend not to think of things in albums? I guess Deep River by Utada Hikaru, that’s the last one I remember adding the whole thing. Or maybe the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, simply because I love every single song from that movie. Or the soundtrack from Into The Woods.
3. favorite artist: hmmm… well, Oren Lavie has a voice to die for. I enjoy Adele’s songs, and Pink, and Taylor Swift.
4. last song you heard on the radio: Sail by AWOLnation
5. least favorite song: The instant I hear the opening beats for Blurred Lines, I switch to another radio station and don’t switch back until I’m certain the song is over. I actually didn’t know what people were talking about regarding that for weeks because I never listened long enough to hear the lyrics. Once I did, the song became doubly hateful.
6. least favorite album: I don’t keep least favorite albums. Most of my songs are singles.
7. least favorite artist: Robin “Normalizing and Encouraging Rape Culture” Thicke beats out Bieber for this one.
1. sexual/romantic: and immediately we get to the difficult bit. Like I said above, I’d like to try sex, preferably with a male-bodied person, but I don’t really want or need sex all the time. Whoever I develop romantic feelings towards would be my choice of partner. And anyone who dated me would have to be fine with both romance and long periods of time where we just did things in comfortable silence.
2. hair color: has absolutely no bearing on what I look for
3. eye color: no preference, but I do like eyes with colors other than black
4. humorous/serious: humorous, but not a total prankster/constant joker, just enough to take things lightly at times and enjoy life.
5. taller/shorter: probably taller, but I’m not going to rule out shorter.
6. biggest turn-off: being tactless/offensive and refusing to apologize for it. Also, smell. You don’t have to smell like cologne or perfume all the time, but B.O. just makes me want to get away. Also, making fun of fantasy. If you can’t respect the worlds I’ve lived in for so long, why are we here?
7. biggest turn-on: a soft smile and warmth in their eyes